Is Your Website Primed For Success?
Web design and digital marketing can be overwhelming for most small business owners.
We would like to help. Let us simplify things by giving you the top 5 things that determine why a website is not ranking.
5 web design secrets that consistently result in top search rankings
Secret #1 Ensure your site has a responsive design
SECRET #1 Is your website mobile-ready?
What is responsive design? A mobile-ready website will display beautifully on any device, without the need to scroll, or elements appearing in wrong places.
- Check that your website loads properly
on every device
Responsive Design Stats
Responsive design has become a CRUCIAL factor in search engine ranking
over the past years. The following statistics show why.
- Nearly 60% of all searches are now done on mobile devices
- On average, 8 of 10 users will leave a site if content doesn’t display properly
on their device.
- 48% consider companies uncaring if their sites are not mobile-friendly
- 13% of adults exclusively use mobile to access the internet
- 2 of 3 minutes spent online is through mobile devices
Secret #2 Be original, check that your content is unique
SECRET #2 Is your web content unique?
- Duplicate content can impact your rankings
- Search engine algorithms will find copied text
- Depending on the severity, your rankings may suffer
Secret #3 Speed up if you want to win the race
Site Speed Breakdown
The speed of your website is CRUCIAL for ranking
due to several factors:
- Site speed is a well-documented ranking factor for most search algorithms
- Slow page speed can limit the number of pages on your website that are indexed
- Visitors will leave a slow website
- Check your website speed here https://gtmetrix.com/
- Invest in premium hosting and optimize your website for speed
Website Speed Stats
The following statistics show clearly why page speed is such an important factor.
- 39% of the people across the world will stop engaging with a website if images won’t load or take too long to load
- Web pages that load in 2.4 seconds had a bounce rate of 12.8%, whereas the pages that loaded in 3.3 seconds experienced a bounce rate of 20%
- A single second of added page load speed can cause sales to drop by 27%
- 47% of consumers expect webpage load speeds of under 2 seconds
- A 100-millisecond delay in load time can cause conversion rates to drop by 7%
- Sites that load in 5 sec. (compared to 19 sec.) see 70% longer average sessions
Secret #4 Move into the right neighborhood
SECRET #4 Is your hosting a ‘good neighborhood’? What is a Good Neighborhood?
What is a Good Neighborhood? Websites containing terms like “gambling”, “casino”, “pornography” or “Viagra” are classified as Bad Neighbors. Sharing hosting with such sites puts your rankings at risk.
- Find out where your site is hosted. Is it a cheap, shared server?
- Invest in premium hosting to avoid being penalized
Secret #5 Get your website SSL secured
SECRET #5 Does your site have a Security certificate?
What does SSL secured mean?
SSL certificates ensure data transmitted between your website and visitors is private and secure, deterring hackers. An SSL certificate adds HTTPS to your URL.
What is SSL important?
- Website security is rewarded by Google
- SSL websites are prioritized in search results
- Check your site’s URL, it should start https://…
- Contact your hosting provider if it isn’t
Contact your hosting provider if your site doesn’t have a secure SSL certificate, or contact us for more info here: https://www.localseoservices.co.nz/contact/